Are you a Canadian national planning to travel to Tanzania? Then you must apply for a visa before you do. Visitors from Canada must have one of the two available visa types before they visit Tanzania: single-entry and multiple entry.
Canadian travelers have been able to get an e-Visa since November of 2016 when Tanzania started offering them.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Tanzania Visa
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
All Canadian travelers must have a passport which doesn’t expire for at least six months from the time you plan to leave Tanzania to get a Tourist e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
No matter which e-Visa you apply for, the maximum stay is 90 days Per Entry. Your multiple-entry visa is valid for up to 1 year from the time of your arrival, but you will be required to leave intermittently at least every 90 days during your stay in Tanzania.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
The Tourist e-Visa will give you Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
iVisa understands that Canadian visitors want their e-Visa to be processed quickly and simply without having to go to an embassy, so get your e-Visa here. We offer three processing times and rates to Canadian citizens:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will be sent to you via email within 9 business days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00. Rush processing - Your e-Visa will be sent via email within 9 business days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00. Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 business days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
The e-Visa application process is for Canadian visitors is fast and easy. Please ensure that you gather these documents before you apply for your Tourist e-Visa:
- Valid Passport - Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of departure from Tanzania.
- Flight Itinerary - You will be asked to prove that you will be leaving Tanzania by presenting your departure ticket that falls within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed in the country.
- Passport Scan - You must upload one for your e-Visa application, and you will be required to have two recent passport photos in order to enter the country.
- Email Address - Once your Tourist e-Visa is ready, it will be sent to your email address.
- Yellow Fever Certificate - If you are from or traveling through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you must present this to the Immigration Officer when you arrive in the country.
- Payment Method - We accept a variety of popular payment methods, including Visa, American Express and PayPal.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Fast and Secure Tanzania Visa Application for Citizens of Canada
In today’s fast-paced environment, iVisa is here to provide you with a quick and secure visa application process so you can focus on enjoying your visit to Tanzania. We thank you for choosing iVisa!