Are you from China and need to go to Tanzania? We welcome you, but you’ll need a visa to do that. There are two visa types that citizens of China can choose from before coming to Tanzania: single-entry and multiple entry. Apply for an e-Visa here.
Since November of 2018, Tanzania has been offering e-Visas to our visitors from China to let them quickly and securely go through the visa process without having to worry about going to an embassy or consulate. Apply for an e-Visa.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Tanzania Visa
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Residents of China coming to Tanzania are required by the Tanzanian government to have a passport with an expiration date which falls at least six months from the date they plan to leave Tanzania. Get your Tourist e-Visa here.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
The longest stay allowed for citizens of China is 90 days Per Entry. A multiple-entry visa will then be valid for up to One year from the date of arrival, but know that you will be need to leave intermittently at least every 90 days while in the country.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
The Tourist e-Visa allows you Multiple Entry. Apply for a Tourist e-Visa here.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
People have busy lives, and iVisa understands that travelers want to get their travel documentation quickly and securely. You can apply for an e-Visa here. There are (3) processing times and rates to citizens of China:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will be emailed to you 9 business days, and the cost of your e-Visa will be USD 100.00. Rush processing - Your e-Visa will be sent by email within 9 business days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00. Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 business days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
The visa process can be daunting, but now it’s easier than ever with our simple and secure e-Visa. Before you begin the application process, you’ll need these documents:
- Valid Passport - You will need a passport and it must be valid for at least six months from the date you plan to leave Tanzania.
- Flight Itinerary - You’ll be asked to prove that you will leave the country by providing a departure ticket with a date that falls within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed in the country.
- Passport Scan - You’ll need to upload one for your e-Visa application, and you’ll need two recent passport photos.
- Email Address - We will send your Tourist e-Visa securely via email.
- Yellow Fever Certificate - If you are from or traveling inside a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you are required to present this document to an Immigration Officer upon arrival.
- Payment Method - We accept many payment methods, including Visa, American Express and PayPal.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
Your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Fast and Secure Tanzania Visa Application for Citizens of China
iVisa knows that travelers from China require a safe, secure, and fast visa process, and that’s why we offer e-Visas. Travelers from many countries rely on e-Visas to make their travel experience as smooth as possible. We welcome you to our country and hope you enjoy your trip to Tanzania!