If you will be going to Tanzania as a Reunion citizen, you will need to get your visa online at least a week or two before heading to Tanzania. Reunion passport holders can choose from single-entry visas or multiple-entry visas.
Tanzania began issuing e-Visas in November 2018. With this update, travelers like yourself can save money and effort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Tanzania Visa
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes, you do. Each Reunion citizen must have a Reunion passport that is good for a minimum of six months from the day you will leave Tanzania to apply for a Tourist e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
Whether you are looking for a Tourist e-Visa or a multiple-entry visa, the maximum stay for Reunion nationals is 90 days Per Entry. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of 1 year from arrival, but you must depart Tanzania at least once every 90 days and then re-enter. This means you cannot stay straight through an entire year in Tanzania without leaving.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
Your Tourist e-Visa allows Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
We understand. You may have to have an e-Visa quickly, so instead of wasting effort going to your local embassy or consulate, apply for an e-Visa right now from your computer. We have three distinct processing times and rates for Reunion citizens to choose from. Those three options are:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 10 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
The e-Visa application online for Reunion nationals traveling to Tanzania is easy to apply for. Just have the following documents and information available when you apply for your online Tourist e-Visa to Tanzania:
- Valid Passport - Your Reunion passport must have a minimum of six months validity from your last day in Tanzania or Zanzibar Island.
- Flight Itinerary - You have to show to Tanzanian Immigration Officials upon arrival that you have a ticket of departure that is within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed to stay in the country.
- Passport Digital Scan - You must submit a copy of your passport bio page for the e-Visa application, and you will need to carry two recent passport photos with you to enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - After your application is completely processed, your e-Visa will be sent to a valid email address that you use on your online visa application.
- Yellow Fever Certificate - If you are from or passing through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you will have to present a yellow fever certificate to the Immigration Officer when you land in Tanzania.
- Methods of Payment - We can take multiple different types of credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. We also can process PayPal as a standard payment method.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Fast and Secure Tanzania Visas for Reunion Nationals
We know you would rather have a fast, secure online e-Visa application experience. Join the hundreds of thousands of happy iVisa clients that we have had the pleasure to serve. We wish you an unforgettable trip to Tanzania!