Switzerland nationals planning a trip to Tanzania must obtain a visa online at least a week before going to Tanzania to allow time for regular online processing. Switzerland nationals can choose from single-entry visas or multiple-entry visas.
Tanzania started offering online e-Visas in November of 2018. This faster process allows tourists like you will save on expenses and effort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Tanzania Visa
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes. Every Switzerland tourist must have a Switzerland passport that will not expire for a minimum of six months from your departure date from Tanzania in order to apply for a Tourist e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
Whether you need a Tourist e-Visa or a multiple-entry visa, the maximum length of a stay in Tanzania for Switzerland nationals is 90 days Per Entry. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of 1 year from arrival, but you must leave Tanzania at least once every 90 days and then re-enter. So, you cannot stay every single day of an entire year in Tanzania without leaving.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
Your Tourist e-Visa allows Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
You will be able to quickly get an e-Visa with iVisa’s online application process. Stop waiting weeks for your local embassy or consulate. Instead, apply for an e-Visa quickly from your computer, tablet, or phone and only wait days as we work directly with foreign governments for faster processing. There are three processing times and rates Switzerland nationals can consider. Those three options are:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
Switzerland nationals that will be going to Tanzania can apply with us easily. Just have the following documents and information by your side for when you apply for a Tourist e-Visa online:
- Valid Passport - Your Switzerland passport has to have at least of six months validity from the last day you will be traveling in Tanzania.
- Flight Plans - You must provide proof of a ticket of departure to the Tanzanian Immigration Officials upon arrival whose date is within the 90 days Per Entry you are granted to stay in the country.
- Passport Scan - You will have to scan and upload a copy of your passport bio page for the e-Visa application, and you will want to make sure and bring two recent passport photos with you to enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - After we successfully validate your application, your Tourist e-Visa will be delivered to a valid email address that you provide on your online visa application.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination - If you are from or passing through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you will have to show this vaccination document to the Immigration Officer you talk to in Tanzania.
- Payment Method - We accept credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. We also allow PayPal as another method of payment.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Speedy and Secure Tanzania Visas for Switzerland Citizens
iVisa is dedicated to giving you an amazingly fast, secure online e-Visa application process. Don’t wait. Join the thousands of previous, satisfied iVisa clients that we have successfully helped explore the world faster.
We hope you enjoy your stay in Tanzania.