If you will be vacationing in Tanzania as an American citizen, you will need to get your visa online at least a week or two before heading to Tanzania. American passport holders can only get a multiple-entry visa for vacations. With multiple entries, it makes it easier to explore other parts of Africa or to enter Tanzania if you have a particularly long layover and want to leave the airport.
Tanzania began issuing e-Visas in November 2018. With this update, travelers like yourself can save money and effort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Tanzania Visa
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes, you do. Each American citizen must have an official USA-issued passport that is good for a minimum of six months from the day you will leave Tanzania in order to apply for a multiple-entry Tanzania e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
The maximum length of consecutive time for American nationals staying in Tanzania is 90 days Per Entry. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of 1 year from arrival, but you must depart Tanzania at least once every 90 days and then re-enter. This means you cannot stay straight through an entire year in Tanzania without leaving and re-entering.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
The US multiple-entry e-Visa allows Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
We understand. You may want to get an e-Visa quickly, so instead of wasting effort going to your local embassy or consulate, apply for an e-Visa right now from your computer. We have three distinct processing times and rates for American citizens to choose from. Those three options are:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
The online visa application for Americans heading to Tanzania is easy to apply for. Just have the following documents and information available when you apply for your online multiple-entry e-Visa to Tanzania:
- Valid Passport - Your American passport must have a minimum of six months validity from your last day in Tanzania or Zanzibar Island.
- Flight Itinerary - When are you leaving Tanzania? You have to show to Tanzanian Immigration Officials upon arrival that you have a ticket of departure that is within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed to stay in the country.
- Passport Digital Scan - You must upload a copy of your passport bio page for the e-Visa application, and you will need to carry two recent passport photos with you to enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - After we process your application, your multiple-entry e-Visa will be sent to a valid email address that you use on your online visa application.
- Yellow Fever Certificate - If you are from or passing through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you will need to show this certificate to the Immigration Officer when you land in Tanzania.
- Methods of Payment - We accept multiple types of credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. We also can process PayPal as a standard payment method.
How long is my multiple-entry e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Fast and Secure Tanzania Visas for USA Nationals
We know you need a fast, secure online e-Visa application process. Join the thousands of successful and happy iVisa clients we’ve had the pleasure to serve. We hope you have a great vacation in Tanzania!