Uruguay nationals traveling to Tanzania will need to obtain a visa online at least a week before heading to Tanzania. Uruguayans can decide between single-entry visas or multiple-entry visas.
To make things easier, Tanzania started to issue “e-Visas” in November of 2018. With this new digital process, travelers like yourself can save time, money, and effort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs): the Tanzania Visa for Uruguayans
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes. Each Uruguay national must have a government-issued passport that will remain valid for a minimum of six months from the day you depart from Tanzania in order to apply for a Tourist e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
Whether you want a Tourist e-Visa or a multiple-entry visa, the maximum stay period per entry for Uruguayans is 90 days Per Entry. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of 1 year from arrival, but you must leave Tanzania at least once every 90 days and then re-enter. This means you cannot stay every single day of an entire year in Tanzania without leaving and re-entering a port of entry.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
Your Tourist e-Visa allows Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
You can get an e-Visa faster with iVisa. Instead of waiting forever for your local embassy or consulate, apply for an e-Visa right now from your computer or phone and only wait days. We have three levels of processing times and rates for Uruguay citizens to choose from. Those three options are:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 10 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
Uruguayans traveling to Tanzania can apply with us quickly. Have these required documents and information ready for when you apply for an online Tourist e-Visa:
- Valid Passport - Your Uruguay passport must have a minimum of six months validity from your last day in Tanzania or Zanzibar Island.
- Flight Plans - You have to show to Tanzanian Immigration Officials upon arrival that you have a ticket of departure that is within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed to stay in the country.
- Passport Scan - You must scan and send a copy of your passport bio page for the e-Visa application, and you will need to bring two recent passport photos with you to enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - After we finish reviewing your application, your Tourist e-Visa will be sent to a valid email address that you use on your online visa application.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination - If you are from or passing through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you will need to present the vaccination certificate to the Immigration Officer you speak to in Tanzania.
- Payment Method - We honor most credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. We also allow PayPal as an alternate method of payment.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Fast and Secure Tanzania Visas for Uruguay Nationals
We know you want a fast, secure online e-Visa application process. So, join the thousands of successful previous iVisa clients we have had the privilege to help with a speedy application. ¡Buen viaje! Have an outstanding vacation in Tanzania.