Going to Tanzania as a Puerto Rican citizen? You will need to get your visa online at least a week or two before arriving in Tanzania. Puerto Rican travelers can choose from single-entry visas or multiple-entry visas.
Tanzania started issuing e-Visas for the first time in November 2018. With this convenient online option, travelers like yourself can save money and effort and skip the embassy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Tanzania Visa
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes. Each Puerto Rican must have a government-issued passport that is valid for a minimum of six months from the day you will leave Tanzania to apply for a Tourist e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
Whether you are needing a Tourist e-Visa or a multiple-entry visa, the maximum allotted stay for Puerto Ricans is 90 days Per Entry. A multiple-entry visa is valid for a maximum of 1 year from arrival, but you must depart Tanzania at least once every 90 days and then re-enter. This means you cannot stay straight through an entire year in Tanzania without leaving.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
Your Tourist e-Visa allows Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
Need an e-Visa as soon as possible? Instead of wasting time and effort at your local embassy or consulate, apply for an e-Visa instantly from your computer or smartphone. We have three distinct processing times and rates for Puerto Rican citizens to select from. Those three options are:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
The online visa application for Puerto Rican traveling to Tanzania is quite simple to apply for. For a fast experience, have these documents and information with you when you apply for an online Tourist e-Visa to Tanzania:
- Valid Passport - Your Puerto Rican passport must have a minimum of six months validity from your last day in Tanzania or Zanzibar Island.
- Flight Plans - You have to show to Tanzanian Immigration Officials upon arrival that you have a ticket of departure that is within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed to stay in the country.
- Passport Digital Scan - You must upload a copy of your passport bio page for the e-Visa application, and you will need to carry two recent passport photos with you to enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - After we process your application, your Tourist e-Visa will be sent to a valid email address that you use on your online visa application.
- Yellow Fever Certificate - If you are from or passing through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you will have to show this certificate to the Immigration Officer when you land in Tanzania.
- Methods of Payment - We are able to take many types of credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. We also can process PayPal as an alternate method of payment.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Fast and Secure Tanzania Visas for Puerto Rico Nationals
We are aware you want a quick, secure online e-Visa application process. Join the thousands of successful and happy iVisa customers we’ve had the honor to serve. Safe travel and have a great vacation in Tanzania.