If you are traveling to Tanzania as a South Sudan citizen, you will need to obtain a visa online at minimum a week before traveling to Tanzania. South Sudanese nationals have the option to choose between single-entry visas and multiple-entry visas.
Tanzania began issuing e-Visas in November 2018 so that travelers like yourself could save money and effort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Tanzania Visa
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes. All South Sudanese must have a valid South Sudan passport that is valid for a minimum of six months from the day you will be departing Tanzania to get a Tourist e-Visa. One blank page in your passport is needed for stamping.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
Whether you are looking for a Tourist e-Visa or a multiple-entry visa, the maximum stay for South Sudanese citizens is 90 days Per Entry. A multiple-entry visa will be good for a maximum of 1 year from arrival, but you will have to depart Tanzania at minimum once every 90 days and then re-enter. This means you cannot stay the entire year in Tanzania without leaving.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
Our Tourist e-Visa allows Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
We understand you may need your e-Visa quickly, so instead of losing time at your local embassy or consulate, stay at home and apply for your e-Visa right now. We have three types of processing times and rates for South Sudanese nationals. The three options are:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 10 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
The online visa application for South Sudanese traveling to Tanzania is easy to apply for. Just prepare the following documents and information ready before you apply for your online Tourist e-Visa to Tanzania:
- Valid Passport - Your South Sudanese passport must have a minimum of six months validity from your last day in Tanzania or Zanzibar Island.
- Flight Departure Ticket - You have to show to Tanzanian Immigration Officials upon arrival that you have a ticket of departure that is within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed to stay in the country.
- Passport Digital Scan - You will have to upload a copy of your passport bio page for the e-Visa application, and you will want to carry two recent passport photos with you to enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - After we process your application, your Tourist e-Visa will be sent to a valid email address that you use on your online visa application.
- Yellow Fever Certificate - If you are from or passing through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you will need to show this certificate to the Immigration Officer when you land in Tanzania.
- Methods of Payment - We can process various types of credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. We also accept PayPal as a standard payment method.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Quick and Secure Tanzania Visas for South Sudan Nationals
iVisa is conscious that you want a quick, secure online e-Visa application process. Become one of the thousands of happy iVisa clients and have an enjoyable vacation to Tanzania!