We know you came here to look up information about a Visa on Arrival for Tanzania. Bit! Do you know what is easier than getting a visa on arrival at Kilimanjaro Airport? The e-Visa, an online Tourist visa application allowed by Tanzania’s government since November of 2018. iVisa will happily help you with this process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes. All foreign nationals must have a passport that will not expire for at least six months from the time you exit Tanzania to get a Tourist e-Visa. You will also need one blank visa page for stamping.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
The maximum stay for tourists in Tanzania who need a visa is 90 days Per Entry. This is true if you obtain either a visa on arrival, or an e-Visa.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
Our Tourist e-Visa for all available countries, except the United States, is a Single Entry. Citizens of the United States of America must purchase a multiple-entry visa for tourism. This allows American citizens to re-enter Tanzania as many times as needed within the maximum 90 days Per Entry duration limit.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
iVisa understands you may need an e-Visa quickly, so skip the embassy and the visa on arrival process and find out the estimated price of an e-Visa by using our Visa Calculator Tool. We offer Standard, Rush, and Super Rush processing times depending on your needs.
We recommend applying for your e-Visa for Kilimanjaro Airport entry at least 10-15 days before your flight to Tanzania.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
The application process for foreign travelers to Tanzania is easy. Please, have the following documents and information ready for when you apply for your Tourist e-Visa online:
- Valid Passport - Your national passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of departure from Tanzania.
- Flight Itinerary - You must be able to prove you will be leaving Tanzania by showing your departure ticket, whether you are leaving from Kilimanjaro Airport or another port of entry like Dar es Salaam or Zanzibar Island or another airport.
- Passport Scan - You will need to upload one for your e-Visa application, and you will need two recent passport photos to enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - Once processed, your Tourist e-Visa will be sent to the valid email address you provide.
- Yellow Fever Certificate - If you are from or passing through a [country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission], you will need to present this to the Immigration Officer when you arrive in Tanzania.
- Payment Method - We accept multiple credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. iVisa also accepts PayPal as a valid payment method.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
Your e-Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival in Tanzania.
Where can I look up more information?
iVisa recognizes the desire and need for a fast and secure visa application process that will help you visit Tanzania with fewer worries at the airport. We hope you enjoy Tanzania, and thank you for choosing iVisa!