Thai citizens traveling to Tanzania will need to obtain a visa online at least a week or two before heading to Tanzania. Thais can decide from single-entry visas or multiple-entry visas.
Tanzania started issuing e-Visas in November of 2018. With this new process available, travelers like yourself can save money and effort and skip the embassy or consulate visit.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Tanzania Visa for Thais
Do I need a valid passport to enter Tanzania?
Yes. Each Thai citizen must have a Thai passport that does not expire for a minimum of six months from the day you will depart from Tanzania to obtain a Tourist e-Visa.
How long can I stay in Tanzania with a visa?
Whether you are needing a Tourist e-Visa or a multiple-entry visa, the maximum allowed stay for Thais is 90 days Per Entry. A multiple-entry visa will be valid for a maximum of 1 year from arrival, but you must leave Tanzania at least once every 90 days and then re-enter. This means you shall not stay every single day of an entire year in Tanzania without leaving and re-entering a few times throughout the year.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a visa?
The Tourist e-Visa allows Multiple Entry.
What is the cost and processing time of a visa application?
You can get an e-Visa pretty fast with us. Instead of waiting and waiting at your local embassy or consulate, Thai citizens can get an e-Visa right now from your computer or smartphone. We have three tiers of processing times and rates for Thai nationals to choose from. Those three options are:
- Standard processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 9 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 7 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
- Super Rush processing - Your e-Visa will arrive by email within 5 Business Days, and the e-Visa cost will be USD 100.00.
What documents do I need to apply for a visa online?
Thai citizens traveling to Tanzania can apply with us easily. Just have these documents and information available when you begin your application for an online Tourist e-Visa to Tanzania:
- Valid Passport - Your Thai passport must have a minimum of six months validity from your last day in Tanzania or Zanzibar Island.
- Flight Plans - You have to show to Tanzanian Immigration Officials upon arrival that you have a ticket of departure that is within the 90 days Per Entry you are allowed to stay in the country.
- Passport Scan - You must upload a copy of your passport bio page for the e-Visa application, and you will need to carry two recent passport photos with you to enter Tanzania.
- Email Address - After we process your application, your Tourist e-Visa will be sent to a valid email address that you use on your online visa application.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination - If you are from or passing through a country with a risk for yellow fever virus transmission, you will need to present the vaccination certificate to the Immigration Officer you speak to in Tanzania.
- Payment Method - We accept many types of credit and debit cards like Visa and American Express. We also allow PayPal as an alternate method of payment.
How long is my Tourist e-Visa valid for?
From the date of your application, your e-Visa will be valid for 1 year after arrival.
Fast and Secure Tanzania Visas for Thailand Nationals
We know you are searching for a fast, secure, and easy online e-Visa application process. So, join the multitude of successful and happy iVisa clients we have had the privilege to serve. Safe travels and have an unforgettable trip to Tanzania.