To do volunteer work with an NGO or other organization in Tanzania, foreign nationals like the citizens of Jordan will need to get a special Volunteer Visa to enter the country. This is a specific visa designed for those who are going to Tanzania to perform volunteer duties, not for vacation, work, nor school.
That’s why we employ the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program. This program is specifically designed to give foreign volunteers the correct visa they need to do their volunteer work once in Tanzania. It is easy to get filling out an online form.
Frequently Asked Questions for the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania
What is the timeframe for getting the volunteer visa once I apply?
We offer three distinct processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application to be processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
What is required of the contract between the NGO I’m working with and me?
You can speak with one of our customer service representatives to answer any specifics on this issue.
How much will it cost for me to purchase an e-Visa for volunteering?
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
What are the entry limits of a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry to the country.
How long am I allowed in Tanzania while I hold a volunteer visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
How long do I have to use my volunteer Tanzania visa before it expires?
If you do not use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
What documents and information do I need to supply to get a volunteer visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania, you will need to have:
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania.
What does having a volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania mean?
If you get the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa, you will be able to enter Tanzania and work legally as a volunteer for a non-profit organization, helping the citizens of the country.
It is not to be used for any traveler who is going to Tanzania for work, school, nor vacation.
Application Online for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - Jordan Citizens
Giving back to the community is a wonderful way to recognize that we are all humans living on the same planet. But, to enter Tanzania and do the work you would like, you will need to have the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa.
You can get one in person, but why not start the process online and get your visa online? If you have any concerns about your status or about traveling to Tanzania, feel free to reach out to us via chat or email.