Foreign nationals such as the residents of Laos will have to obtain a special humanitarian visa to enter the country in order to operate with an NGO or another organization in Tanzania. This is a specific visa designed for those who are going to Tanzania to perform volunteer duties, not for vacation, work, nor school.
That’s why we use the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program. The goal of this program is to send international volunteers the right visa they need to carry out their work in Tanzania. You can easily fill out an online form.
Frequently Asked Questions for the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania
What is required of the contract between the NGO I’m working with and me?
You can speak with one of our customer service representatives to answer any specifics on this issue.
What is the timeframe for getting the volunteer visa once I apply?
We now offer three different processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application to be processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
What are the entry limits of a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry to the country.
How much will it cost me to purchase an e-Visa for volunteering?
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
How long do I have to use my volunteer Tanzania visa before it expires?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so make sure to use it before then.
How long am I allowed in Tanzania while I hold a volunteer visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
What documents and information do I need to supply to get a volunteer visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania.
What does having a volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania mean?
You will be able to enter Tanzania and work legally as a volunteer for a non-profit organization, supporting citizens of the country, if you get the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa.
It is not to be used for any traveler who is going to Tanzania for work, school, nor vacation.
Application Online for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - Laos Citizens
Giving back to the community is a wonderful way to recognize that we are all humans living on the same planet. But to enter Tanzania and do the volunteer work you would like, you will need to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa.
You can get your visa in person, but why not get your visa online? If you have any questions about your status or about traveling to Tanzania, please contact us via chat or e-mail.
Have a great trip!