You need to make sure you get the right visa if you are a citizen of Micronesia who is traveling to Tanzania. Are you planning to volunteer with an NGO in Tanzania? Then you will need to get what is called a volunteer visa to be able to volunteer while in Tanzania.
Most people think you need to go directly to a consulate or embassy to get the visa you need. But over the past few years, countries like Tanzania have started accepting e-Visas, which are digital visas that work the same as a paper visa. Let’s cover some basic questions and answers so you know what to do and how to apply online.
Volunteer Tanzania e-Visa: What you need to know
The Purpose of a Volunteer e-Visa
The purpose of this specific visa for Tanzania is to distinguish volunteer workers from those who are coming into Tanzania for different purposes like paid work, tourism, and education.
It is not to be used for any traveler who is going to Tanzania for work, school, nor vacation.
Processing Times for a Volunteer Tanzania e-Visa
We offer three distinct processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
The Tanzania e-Visa: Pricing and Fees
Below you will find the different costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa based on your selections during the application process:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Volunteer e-Visa - Limits on Entering the Country of Tanzania
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
How Long You Are Allowed to Volunteer with This Visa
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
Expiration Dates for a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa
It is important for you to figure out when the expiration date of the visa for volunteering is so that you can book your trip to Tanzania before your visa ceases to be valid.
The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
Application Information Needed to Get a Visa Online
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- NGO Registration Certificates - Talk to your NGO about the specific paperwork you will need to provide to get your volunteer e-Visa.
- A Return Ticket - You must have a ticket or proof that you are leaving Tanzania before your visa expires.
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
- An Applicant Photo - Don’t forget to get passport-sized photos so you can use them during the application process.
- A Passport Details Page - The detail page of your passport that shows your personal information must be uploaded and attached to your online Tanzania application for us to process it correctly. We secure all transactions through layers of encryption.
Tanzania Volunteer electronic Visa - Get Yours Today
When you want to help others in a foreign country, you may need to get the correct visa to enter the country. With iVisa, we are able to provide the application online for a volunteer e-Visa that will allow foreign nationals to enter Tanzania to do the good work necessary in our international society.
Still have some questions? Feel free to reach out to one of our support staff via chat or email, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.