Any Moroccan citizens who plan to go to Tanzania will need a visa. But what visa do you need? If you are volunteering with a company while in Tanzania, you will be required to carry a special volunteer visa.
What’s great is that now, instead of going to a consulate or embassy, you can apply for a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa, which is all done online and will be electronically attached to your passport. You’ll also receive a digital copy in your email, which you can show at the border when you enter the country.
Common Questions and Answers for Volunteers Getting a Tanzania Visa
The Price of Getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Landing or Crossing Into Tanzania as a Volunteer: Entry Limits
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry into Tanzania. So, once you leave, you may not be able to come back without another visa with you.
Limits on the Amount of Days One Can Stay in Tanzania with an e-Visa
You can only stay so long in Tanzania with a visa. You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
Expiration of a Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania
If you do not use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
Documents and Information Needed to Process Application
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- Passport Photo Uploaded - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- Departure Voucher/Receipt - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania.
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
- Passport Bio Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
The Tanzania e-Visa for Volunteers - What is it?
If you get the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa, you will be able to enter Tanzania and work legally as a volunteer for a non-profit organization, helping the citizens of the country.
If you are going to Tanzania for vacation, work, or educational purposes, you will need to get a different visa. We offer a Tourist visa that you can get electronically as well.
Three Processing Speed Choices for the e-Visa
We offer three distinct processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application to be processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
Moroccan Citizens & the e-Visa Application for Tanzania Volunteering
Whenever you are planning your trip to Tanzania, it is imperative that you get the right visa. The Tanzania e-Visa for Volunteers is the only visa needed by those going to Tanzania for the sole purpose of helping with an established NGO in the area.
Have other concerns not addressed here? Try using our chat feature to talk to a representative or feel free to shoot us an email.
Safe travel, and thank you.