Voluntary work as a Nepalese resident in Tanzania requires a certain type of visa. Going abroad is an opportunity to help people around the world create improved lives for themselves and their communities. Be sure that you have the correct type of visa so that you can do volunteer work without disruption.
The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program exists to make it easier for NGO volunteers to apply for and receive a visa online. The ability to do this over the internet makes it easier to obtain since you don’t have to go to the consulate or embassy in person.
Common Questions and Their Answers for Volunteers Getting a Tanzania Visa
Limits on the Amount of Days One Can Stay in Tanzania with an e-Visa
You can only stay so long in Tanzania with a visa. You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
The Price of Getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 96.49
- Rush: USD 129.99
- Super Rush: USD 144.99
Landing or Crossing Into Tanzania as a Volunteer: Entry Limits
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry. So, once you leave, you may not be able to come back without another visa with you.
Three Processing Speed Choices for the e-Visa
We offer three distinct processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application to be processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
Expiration of a Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania
If you do not use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
Documents and Information Needed to Process Application
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- Passport Photo Uploaded - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
- Passport Bio Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
- Departure Voucher/Receipt - Have an exit flight or trip to leave Tanzania ready.
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
The Tanzania e-Visa for Volunteers - What is it?
If you get the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa, you will be able to enter Tanzania and work legally as a volunteer for a non-profit organization that helps the citizens of the country.
Any other reason besides volunteering will require you to have a different visa besides the Volunteer e-Visa.
Nepal Citizens & the e-Visa Application for Tanzania Volunteering
Giving back to the community is a wonderful way to recognize we are all humans living on the same planet. But to legally enter Tanzania and do volunteer work, you will need to acquire the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa.
You can get your visa in person, but why not start the process online? Please contact us via chat or e-mail if you still have any concerns about your visa status or your trip to Tanzania.