When it comes to visas, you will need a specific volunteer visa if you plan to volunteer in Tanzania as a citizen of New Zealand. This is important because if you get the wrong visa, you could potentially run into issues with your stay as a foreign citizen in Tanzania.
You can actually start your application online for the Tanzania e-Visa for volunteers. The government of Tanzania started the program in 2018 to help expedite the visa application process. See below for further information on obtaining the right visa for your travel.
Common Questions and Answers for Volunteers Getting a Tanzania Visa
How Long You Can Stay in Tanzania with a Visa for Volunteering
You can only stay so long in Tanzania with a visa. You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
Expiration of a Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania
If you do not use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
Documents and Information Needed to Process the Application
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania, you will need to have:
- Passport Photo Uploaded - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- Passport Bio Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
- Departure Voucher/Receipt - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania.
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
The Tanzania e-Visa for Volunteers - What is it?
To volunteer legally in Tanzania, it is imperative to have the right e-Visa for Tanzania, which is the volunteer visa.
If you are going to Tanzania for vacation, work, or educational purposes, you will need to get a different visa. We offer a tourist visa that you can get electronically as well.
Three Processing Speed Choices for the e-Visa
We offer three distinct processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application to be processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
The Price of Getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
The Entry Limitations on Having a Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry. So, once you leave, you may not be able to come back without another visa with you.
New Zealand Citizens & the e-Visa Application for Tanzania Volunteering
Helping others is a great feeling. If you’re going to Tanzania from New Zealand, be prepared to get the correct visa so you do not show up and have to apply for a different one. You can apply for a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa pretty easily online from the comfort of your home.
Once you get it in your email, you are ready to travel and experience the opportunity of a lifetime. Any more questions? If so, reach out to us so we can alleviate your concerns.
Have a wonderful trip, and thank you for your service.