Foreign nationals like the citizens of Nicaragua who seek to go to Tanzania for volunteer purposes are going to have to get a special visa. This special visa is called a volunteer visa, and it will work if you are planning to go to the country to help an NGO or other organization with volunteer activities in the country.
To apply, many people think you have to go to the consulate or embassy first. But since 2018, the government of Tanzania started allowing applications for a Volunteer e-Visa to be processed online so you don’t have to leave your house to get the right documents.
Common Questions and Answers for Volunteers Getting a Tanzania Visa
Landing or Crossing Into Tanzania as a Volunteer: Entry Limits
With each visa, there is a set number of times you are allowed to enter and exit the country using the same visa. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry. So, once you leave, you may not be able to come back without another visa with you.
Limits on the Amount of Days One Can Stay in Tanzania with an e-Visa
Visas have limits on how long you can stay in the country. You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
Expiration of a Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania
If you do not use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
What You Need to Apply Online for a Volunteer e-Visa
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania, you will need to have:
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
- Passport Bio Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
- Passport Photo Uploaded - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- Departure Voucher/Receipt - Since your visa is temporary, you’ll need to show that you plan to leave the country as soon as your visa is over.
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
The Price of Getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
The Tanzania e-Visa for Volunteers - What is it?
If you get the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa, you will be able to enter Tanzania and work legally as a volunteer for a non-profit organization.
If you are going to Tanzania for vacation, work, or educational purposes, you will need to get a different visa. We offer a tourist visa that you can get electronically as well.
Three Processing Speed Choices for the e-Visa
We offer three distinct processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
Nicaragua Citizens & the e-Visa Application for Tanzania Volunteering
Don’t worry about having to leave your home to get your visa. You can now apply for a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa online, so you can get the document you need. This saves you time and effort and will help you move faster through the visa process overall.
If you still need more answers, we suggest reaching out to us by clicking on the chat bubble below or sending us an email.
Thank you, and safe travel.