Nigerians who plan to go to Tanzania to volunteer need a special visa. The special visa is called a volunteer visa, and you can actually get this online without having to go to the consulate or embassy. Fill out the online application, then it will be sent to your email.
You can get started with the application now from wherever you have an internet connection and a smart device such as a laptop or computer. Then, you will be able to volunteer in Tanzania with the correct documentation and skip going to the consulate or embassy.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
How much does the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania cost?
Below is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Basics
If you get a volunteer e-Visa from Tanzania, you can enter the country of Tanzania and work legally for a non-profit organization.
PLEASE NOTE: This visa is not intended to be used by any traveler to go to school, college, nor vacation in Tanzania.
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
How many times will I be able to use an e-Visa to enter Tanzania?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
Can I drink the water in Tanzania?
The tap water is not potable in Tanzania. Bottled water should always be used. But if that's not possible, using purifiers or high quality filters will do the job. Drink water that has been boiled for at least 10 minutes. Water has been tested in Tanzania and is reportedly polluted with E. coli.
The Difference Between Processing Speeds for the Volunteer Visa
We currently offer three processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
What types of documents do I need to get a volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania, you will need to have:
- Invitation Letter - Show that you are officially involved in the volunteer process of the organization you are working for.
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application
- NGO Registration Documentation - Your voluntary organization should be able to provide you with certificates that show you are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania
- Your Applicant Photograph - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa for Nigerian Citizens
Any foreign national planning to go to Tanzania will need to get a volunteer visa if that is your goal. Going for any other reason like work, studying, or tourism will require a different visa.
Tanzania is beautiful, and it is worth going to help the people there lead better lives. That’s why volunteering is worth it, so make sure you have the correct documentation to succeed in your endeavor.
Safe travel. Let us know if you have further questions.