For those Norwegian citizens who want to go to Tanzania, you will need to get the proper visa to enter. If you plan to volunteer with an NGO while in Tanzania, you will need to acquire what is called a volunteer visa.
The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa is a specific document designed to allow foreign nationals to come into Tanzania to work with a group while in the country. You can obtain one online in an electronic format, and it works exactly like a paper visa.
The Volunteer Tanzania e-Visa: What You Must Know Before Traveling
What’s the expiry date for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
If you do not use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
What does iVisa require for the electronic visa application for volunteers?
It’s not only what iVisa needs, but what the government of Tanzania requires to process your application. To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
- Passport Photo - Make sure your submitted passport photo is clear and follows the general guidelines - no face coverings or black and white photos allowed.
- A Return Ticket - Show you have a return ticket to leave Tanzania once you are finished with your volunteer work.
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
Why do I need to get this specific visa if I am volunteering in Tanzania?
When considering which visa to get, you must realize that there are different types of visas. So, when you purchase a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa it means you can only use that e-Visa to go to Tanzania for volunteer work with an NGO - not for school, work, nor tourism.
When will I get my visa once I submit my application?
We offer three distinct processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
With the volunteer visa, how many times will I be able to enter Tanzania?
Each visa type has a specific number of times you may enter Tanzania while holding the visa. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
How many days am I allowed to stay and volunteer in Tanzania with this visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
What kinds of costs are associated with the visa for volunteering in Tanzania?
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Get an Application Today for a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - Norway Residents
No longer do you have to worry about your visa for Tanzania. It is possible to acquire a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa online without having to travel to your nearest embassy or consulate. Of course, it is up to the government of Tanzania to determine your final travel status, but we are here to work with them so you can successfully travel and do volunteer work abroad.