In 2018, Tanzania began offering electronic visa services to travelers from some countries to make it easier for them to apply for a volunteer visa to Tanzania. Oman is one of these countries.
Traveling abroad is a chance to help people build better lives for themselves and their families. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program is designed to make it easy for NGO volunteers to apply for and receive a visa online. It's better to get this through the website because you don't have to go in person to the embassy.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
How long do I have before my e-Visa expires for Tanzania?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
How long will it take to process my e-Visa application?
We now offer three processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
How much does the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania cost?
Below is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need the following:
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- Invitation Letter - You need proof that you have been asked to volunteer by sending a letter from the NGO or non-profit organization you volunteer for
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your voluntary organization should be able to provide you with certificates that show you are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Basics
Once you receive an e-Visa from Tanzania, you can enter Tanzania and legally work for a non-profit organization.
PLEASE NOTE: This visa is not meant for visitors to work, study, nor vacation in Tanzania.
How many times will I be able to use an e-Visa to enter Tanzania?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
Getting Started with the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - Oman Citizens
Volunteering is an empowering thing, by giving back to the international community. Please ensure you have the correct visa to enter and stay in Tanzania. At iVisa, we have developed an online way to get your visa for Tanzania quickly and easily.
Thank you for using your time to help others. Have a safe trip to Tanzania.