In 2018, Tanzania started offering people from certain countries the electronic visa system to make it easier for them to apply for a Tanzania volunteer visa online. Volunteering as a Russian citizen requires a special Tanzanian visa.
Traveling abroad is a chance to help people build better lives for themselves and their families. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa is designed to make it simple for NGO volunteers to apply for and receive a visa online. It's easier to obtain this via the internet, as you don't have to go directly to the embassy.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
What is the cost of the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania?
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Basics
If you obtain a Volunteer e-Visa from Tanzania, you can enter Tanzania and work legally for a non-profit organization that helps the citizens of that country.
It is not intended to be used by any traveler to go to school, work nor vacation in Tanzania.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
How long does it take to process the e-Visa application?
We currently offer three processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
Example of Evidence of activities from the volunteering organizations
Please contact our Customer Service Agents for information.
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
How many times can I use an e-Visa to enter Tanzania?
All visas restrict how many times you can enter Tanzania. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania.
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
Getting Started with the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - Russia Citizens
Volunteering and contributing to the international community is a wonderful endeavor. Please make sure that you have the correct visa to enter Tanzania. At iVisa, we have developed an online way to get your visa for Tanzania quickly and easily.
Many thanks for your time and resources to help others. Have an effective and safe journey.