In 2018, Tanzania began offering the online visa system to nationals of certain countries to facilitate application for a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa. Volunteering as a citizen of Sao Tome and Principe requires a special volunteer visa.
Traveling abroad is an opportunity for people to help others build better lives. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program is designed to make it simple for NGO volunteers to apply for and receive a visa online.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Basics
If you obtain an e-Visa to volunteer, you can enter Tanzania and work legally for a non-profit organization that helps the citizens of that country.
It is not intended to be used by any traveler to go to school, work nor vacation in Tanzania.
How much does the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania cost?
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
What are some examples of activities from the volunteering organizations?
Please contact our expert Customer Service Agents for more information.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
How many times will I be able to use an e-Visa to enter Tanzania?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
How long does it take to process the e-Visa application?
We currently offer three processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If your visa is not used before the expiration date, you will be unable to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania.
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings.
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
Getting Started with the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - Sao Tome and Principe Citizens
It's a great thing to volunteer to give back to the international community. But make sure you are able to enter and stay with the correct visa. At iVisa, we’ve developed a simple and secure way to get your visa for Tanzania online.
Thank you very much for spending your time and resources to help others. We hope you have a great trip.