Tanzania adopted the electronic visa system in November 2018 to make it simpler for people to obtain their visas electronically instead of having to go to an embassy or consulate.
Traveling abroad can be an opportunity to help people build better lives for themselves. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program is specifically designed to make it a breeze for NGO volunteers to apply for their visas online.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
How much does the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania cost?
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush:USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Basics
If you get a volunteer e-Visa from Tanzania, you can enter Tanzania and work legally for a non-profit organization that helps the people of that country.
PLEASE NOTE: This visa is not intended to be used by any traveler to go to school, work, nor vacation in Tanzania.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
How many times can I use an e-Visa to enter Tanzania?
All visas have a limit on how many times they can be used. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
How long does it take for an e-Visa application to be processed?
We currently offer three processing speeds so that you can choose how quickly you need your visa application to be processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania, you will need to have:
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania.
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
Getting Started with the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - Serbia Citizens
It empowers the international community to volunteer and give back. Please make sure you are able to enter Tanzania with the right visa. At iVisa, we have developed a simple, safe way to get your visa for Tanzania online.
Thank you for spending your time and resources to help others. Have a successful trip!