In 2018, Tanzania began offering travelers from certain countries, including Spain, an electronic visa system to make it easier for them to apply for a Tanzania volunteer visa.
Traveling can be a great opportunity to help people in other countries. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program is designed to make it simple for volunteers to apply for a visa online, without the need to go to the embassy.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
How much does the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania cost?
Below is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Examples of Activities from Volunteer Organizations
Please contact our Customer Service Agents for information.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Basics
If you get a volunteer e-Visa from Tanzania, you can enter the country and work legally for a non-profit organization.
This visa cannot be used by any traveler to go to school, work, nor vacation in Tanzania.
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
How many times will I be able to use an e-Visa to enter Tanzania?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
How long does it take to process the e-Visa application?
We currently offer three processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application to be processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your voluntary organization should be able to provide you with certificates that show you are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering
Getting Started with the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - Spain Citizens
It’s an empowering thing to volunteer and give back to the international community. Please make sure you are able to enter Tanzania with the right visa. At iVisa, we have developed an online way to get your visa for Tanzania quickly and easily.
Thank you so much for spending your time and resources to help others. Have a safe and successful trip to Tanzania.