As a citizen of the Netherlands traveling to Tanzania, you need to get the right visa. Are you volunteering with an organization in Tanzania? Then you will need to get what is called a volunteer visa.
The Volunteer e-Visa program for Tanzania is perfect for those who are traveling to Tanzania to support an NGO’s efforts. When you acquire this visa, it authorizes you to travel into and stay in Tanzania to do volunteer work. You are still allowed to tour the country while you are on break from your NGO work.
Common Questions and Answers for Volunteers Getting a Tanzania Visa
Limits on the Amount of Days One Can Stay in Tanzania with an e-Visa
You can only stay so long in Tanzania with a visa. You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
The Price of Getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Expiration of a Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania
Be warned: You must use your Volunteer e-Visa before the expiration date or it will be invalid and you will have to purchase another one.
The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
Three Processing Speed Choices for the e-Visa
We offer three distinct processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
Necessary Information: What You Need for the Application Process
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania, you will need to have:
- Passport Photo Uploaded - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- Departure Voucher/Receipt - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania.
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
- Passport Bio Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
The Tanzania e-Visa for Volunteers - What is it?
If you get the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa, you will be able to enter Tanzania and work legally as a volunteer for a non-profit organization.
If you are going to Tanzania for vacation, work, or educational purposes, you will need to get a different visa. We offer a tourist visa that you can get electronically as well.
Landing or Crossing Into Tanzania as a Volunteer: Entry Limits
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry. So, once you leave, you may not be able to come back without another visa with you.
the Netherlands Citizens & the e-Visa Application for Tanzania Volunteering
It is great to volunteer and give back to the international community. Just be sure you are able to enter and stay in Tanzania with the right visa. At iVisa, we have developed an online way to get your visa for Tanzania quickly and easily.
If you still have any leftover concerns, please reach out to us via email or chat to get your answers as soon as possible.