In 2018, Tanzania started offering visitors from some countries an online visa system to make it easier for them to apply for a Tanzania volunteer visa. The United Arab Emirates is one of these countries.
Traveling abroad is an opportunity to help people build better lives for themselves and their families. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program is designed to make it easy for NGO volunteers to apply for and receive a visa online. It's easier to get this via the internet because you don't have to go to the embassy in person.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
How much does the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania cost?
Below is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Which port of entry must I use to enter the country with this visa?
The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa is only available to travelers whose point of entry into Tanzania is one of the following:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- Namanga border, or
- Tunduma border.
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Basics
If you get a volunteer e-Visa from Tanzania, you can enter Tanzania and work legally for a non-profit organization.
This visa is not supposed to be used by any tourist to go to Tanzania for school, work, nor vacation.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you won’t be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
How many times will I be able to use an e-Visa to enter Tanzania?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
How long does it take to process the e-Visa application?
We currently offer three processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- A Return Ticket - Make sure you arranged transport to leave Tanzania
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your voluntary organization should be able to provide you with certificates that show you are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering
The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - the United Arab Emirates Citizens
To volunteer and give back to the international community is an inspiring thing. Please make sure you are able to enter and stay in Tanzania with the right visa. At iVisa, we have developed an online way to get your visa for Tanzania quickly and easily.
Have a safe and successful trip to Tanzania!