In 2018, Tanzania started to offer digital visa services to citizens from some countries to make it easier for them to apply for a volunteer visa to Tanzania. The UK is one of these countries.
Going abroad is a chance to help individuals build better lives for themselves and their families. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program is designed to make it easy for NGO volunteers to apply for and receive a visa online.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
How much does the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania cost?
Below is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Where can I learn more about Tanzania?
Below are some helpful links to learn more about Tanzania:
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Basics
If you get a volunteer e-Visa from Tanzania, you can enter Tanzania and work legally for a non-profit organization to assist that country's people.
PLEASE NOTE: This visa is not supposed to be used by any visitor to go to Tanzania for education nor tourism.
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
Examples of Activities from Volunteer Organizations
Please contact our Customer Service Agents for information.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
How many times will I be able to use an e-Visa to enter Tanzania?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need:
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your voluntary organization should be able to provide you with certificates that show you are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering
How long does it take to process the e-Visa application?
We currently offer three processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
Getting Started with the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - United Kingdom Citizens
It’s an empowering thing to volunteer and give back to the international community. Please make sure you are able to enter and stay in Tanzania with the right visa. At iVisa, we have developed an online way to get your visa for Tanzania quickly and easily. Thank you for dedicating your time and resources to support others.
Have a productive and safe trip!