Tanzania began offering digital visa applications to visitors from certain countries in 2018, to make it easier for them to apply for a volunteer visa. The United States is one of those countries.
The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program is designed to streamline the process for volunteers to apply for and receive a visa online. It's better to get this via the internet because you don't have to go physically to the embassy.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
How much does the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania cost?
Below is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
How many times will I be able to use an e-Visa to enter Tanzania?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
How long does it take to process the e-Visa application?
We currently offer three processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application to be processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your voluntary organization should be able to provide you with certificates that show you are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
Getting Started with the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - the United States of America Citizens
To volunteer and give back to the international community is an empowering thing. Please make sure you are able to enter and stay in Tanzania with the right visa. At iVisa, we have developed an online way to get your visa for Tanzania quickly and easily.
We at iVisa hope you have a safe and successful trip to Tanzania.