In 2018, Tanzania started offering visitors from some countries an online visa system to make it easier for them to apply for a Tanzania volunteer visa. Uruguay is one of these countries..
Traveling abroad is an opportunity to help people build better lives for themselves and their families. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program is designed to make it easy for NGO volunteers to apply for and receive a visa online. It's easier to get this via the internet because you don't have to go to the embassy in person.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Basics
If you get a volunteer e-Visa from Tanzania, you can enter the country and work legally for a non-profit organization that helps the people of Tanzania.
PLEASE NOTE: This visa is not intended to be used by any traveler to go to school, work, nor vacation in Tanzania.
How much does the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania cost?
Below is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
Do I need to take malaria medication if I visit Tanzania?
You may want to call your doctor before you leave for Tanzania and ask for some medication for malaria. Mosquitos are widespread in Tanzania. Make sure to sleep under a closed blanket and wear comfortable clothing when outside. Long pants and closed shoes are a must. You should also get the Yellow Fever vaccination. All precautionary steps should be taken just to be on the safe side.
Examples of Activities from Volunteer Organizations
Please contact our Customer Service Agents for information.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
How many times will I be able to use an e-Visa to enter Tanzania?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
How long does it take to process the e-Visa application?
We offer three different processing speeds so you can choose the right one for your circumstances:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your voluntary organization should be able to provide you with certificates that show you are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering
Getting Started with the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - Uruguay Citizens
Volunteering is an inspiring thing and helps you give back to the international community. Make sure you have the correct visa to enter Tanzania. At iVisa, we have developed an online way to get your visa for Tanzania quickly and easily.
Thank you for spending your time and resources on helping people. Have a safe trip.