In 2018, Tanzania started offering visitors from some countries, including Yemen, an online visa system to make it easier for them to apply for a Tanzania volunteer visa.
Going overseas can be a chance to help individuals build better lives for themselves and their families. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa program is designed to make it easy for NGO volunteers to apply for and receive a visa online.
Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania FAQs
How much does the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania cost?
Below is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 80.00
- Rush: USD 105.00
- Super Rush: USD 135.00
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If you don’t use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Basics
If you get a volunteer e-Visa from Tanzania, you can enter the country and work legally for a non-profit organization that helps the people of Tanzania.
This visa is not supposed to be used by any traveler to go to Tanzania for education nor vacation.
How long does it take to process the e-Visa application?
iVisa offers three processing speeds so you can choose how fast you want your visa application processed:
- Standard Processing takes 15 business days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 business days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 business days to process the application.
Examples of Activities from Volunteer Organizations
Please contact our Customer Service Agents for information.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
How many times will I be able to enter Tanzania with this e-Visa?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- A Return Ticket - Make sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your voluntary organization should be able to provide you with certificates that show you are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application
Getting Started with the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa - Yemen Citizens
It's important to volunteer to give back to the international community. Please ensure you can enter Tanzania and stay with the correct visa. At iVisa, we have developed an online way to get your visa for Tanzania quickly and easily.
Thank you for devoting your time and resources to supporting others. Have a safe and successful trip to Tanzania.