People who are willing to engage in volunteer work in Tanzania can do so through several NGOs. You can choose to work in healthcare, orphanages, education, or development projects. However, did you know that you may need a visa to enter Tanzania? That is something iVisa can help you with. Are you interested in learning more about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process? The answers to the most frequently asked questions below should help you out.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Albanian citizen, do I have access to a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Albania can apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa if they wish to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
What requirements do I have to meet to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
Before you fill in the application form, you have to make sure that you have at your disposal everything necessary for the online application process. With that being said, here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – needs to be valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Photo – it should be as recent as possible
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – from the NGO you have the volunteer contract with
- Registration Certificates of the NGO you plan on working with
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process work?
Once all of the above are checked off the list, you must fill in an online application form. That should not take you long as it is short and quite simple. Besides, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge should you need assistance. The form has two steps. The first one focuses on general information about yourself and your trip, and you also have to choose a processing time for your application. The second step wants you to review the provided info and make the payment. Once the payment is made, you can submit the form, and iVisa takes it from there.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
You have some degree of control over that. iVisa gives you three options regarding the processing speed of your application so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – it takes 15 business days for your application form to be processed
- Rush processing – the waiting period is 13 business days
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 10 business days for your eVisa to arrive
Is it expensive to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
Not at all. However, keep in mind that the processing speed you choose for your application determines how much you spend on your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. Therefore, the prices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 Please note that the amounts above include the service fees.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa a single or multiple-entry visa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long am I allowed to stay in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Once you enter Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you can stay for up to 90 days Per Entry.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid at all points of entry?
No. Please note that only the points of entry listed below allow you to enter Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border