Do you want to do some volunteer work in Tanzania? While that is an admirable intention, you should know that unless you are among the visa-exempt nationalities, you have to apply for a visa before departure. Fortunately, Tanzania has a visa specifically designed for people who want to volunteer. It is called a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, and iVisa can help you obtain one with minimal effort. To learn more details about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process, please refer to the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Algerian citizen, do I have access to a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Algeria, as many other nationalities, can apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa before departing for Tanzania for volunteering purposes.
What requirements do I have to meet to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
With iVisa, you will enjoy an incredibly easy online application process. Nevertheless, remember that you have to meet a few requirements before you proceed to the application form. Here is what you must have on hand for a successful online application process:
- Valid passport – it has to remain valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Photo – preferably, as recent as possible
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – it has to be issued by the NGO you want to work with
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process work?
It is quite straightforward. Once you notice that you meet the requirements, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the application form. It consists of two steps. The first one requires your personal information together with other trip and passport details, and you must also select a processing time for your application. The second step is reserved for payment and revision. When you are done, you can click on the submit button, and that is it. While the form created by iVisa is short and simple, remember that you can contact our customer support service 24/7 with no additional charge.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. Since applicants have different needs, iVisa created three processing speed options. That way, you are free to choose the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – it takes 15 business days for your application form to be processed
- Rush processing – the waiting period is 13 business days
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 10 business days for your eVisa to arrive
Is it expensive to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
No. However, you should know that the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is variable. It is established when you choose the processing speed for your application. The faster the processing, the higher the cost. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 Please note that the amounts above include the service fees.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa remains valid for 90 days after arrival after the arrival date.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa a single entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long am I allowed to stay in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa allows its holder to spend up to 90 days Per Entry in Tanzania.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid at all points of entry?
No. When you hold a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you must use one of the following points of entry:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border