Tanzania is an excellent destination if you are interested in doing volunteer work. You can choose to work in orphanages, healthcare, animal preservations, and so on. However, did you know that you may be required to get a visa before traveling to Tanzania? Unless you come from the 48 countries and territories whose citizens are visa exempt, you need to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. Fortunately, iVisa can help you obtain this document with ease. For further information about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, please refer to the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Armenian citizen, do I have access to a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Armenia qualify for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa.
What requirements do I have to meet to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
As you are about to find out, the requirements for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa are not difficult to meet. You likely already have some of the necessary documents. Here is what you are going to need:
- Valid passport – with a minimum of 6 months validity from the date of arrival in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – must be issued by the NGO you signed the volunteering contract with
- Registration Certificates of the NGO you plan on working with
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process work?
After you manage to gather all of the above, you must fill in an online application form. The form is short and simple, but if you require assistance, iVisa is more than happy to help. Our customer support service is available 24/7 and does not require additional charges. The form consists of two steps. The first one regards your personal information, as well as passport info and travel dates. You must pick a processing speed for your application too. The second step concerns the payment and the review of your form. It is crucial that you provide us with accurate information. When you are through, just click on the submit button, and you are done. iVisa will take it from there.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on the choice you make. iVisa offers three options for the processing speed of your application. You are free to make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 15 business days for your application form to be processed
- Rush processing – the waiting period is 13 business days
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 10 business days for your eVisa to arrive
Is it expensive to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
Not in the slightest. However, remember that the amount you are charged for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa depends on how quickly you want your application form to be processed. Here are the prices for all three options:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 Please note that the prices above already include service fees.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa keeps its validity for 90 days after arrival after arrival.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa a single or multiple-entry visa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long am I allowed to stay in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa lets its holder to stay in Tanzania for no more than 90 days Per Entry.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid at all points of entry?
Unfortunately, no. When you hold a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you have to travel to Tanzania via the points of entry listed below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border