A lot of people travel to Tanzania because they want to get involved in volunteer work. If you find yourself in this particular situation, know that the citizens of 48 countries and territories can do so without having to get a visa in advance. However, if you are not among them, then you have to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. iVisa can help with the application process so that it does not take you too much effort. Do you want to know more about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa? Read the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Australian citizen, do I have access to a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Australia are among the many nationalities that are eligible for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa.
What requirements do I have to meet to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
In order to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you must first ensure that you have on hand everything necessary for the online application process. However, gathering everything together should not be a challenge. What you need is as follows:
- Valid passport – make sure that it maintains its validity for 6 months after your arrival date in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – it has to be written and signed by the NGO you have your volunteering contract with
- Registration Certificates of the NGO you plan on working with
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process work?
That is pretty simple. First, you make sure that you have everything you need. Then you have to fill in an online application form. Keep in mind that assistance will be given to all those who need it. So, if necessary, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service does not have additional charges, and is available 24/7. The form you have to go through occurs in two steps. The first one is interested in basic information and makes you choose a processing speed for your application. The second step wants you to carefully review your form and make the payment. Once you do that, you are pretty much done.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. To satisfy a wide range of needs, iVisa came up with three processing speed options for the application. That way, you are at liberty to make a choice according to your specific needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – it takes 15 business days for your application form to be processed
- Rush processing – the waiting period is 13 business days
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 10 business days for your eVisa to arrive
Is it expensive to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
No. Besides, the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa depends on how fast you want the processing to be completed. As you can imagine, the quicker you want your eVisa, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are listed below.
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 Please know that the amounts already include the service fees.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa a single entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long am I allowed to stay in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa grants a stay of no more than 90 days Per Entry.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid at all points of entry?
No. As long as you hold a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you have to enter Tanzania via the points of entry listed below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border