Are you planning on traveling to Tanzania for volunteer purposes? Then perhaps you would like to know that unless you are visa-exempt, you have to apply for a visa before you go. Rest assured that the process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is short and simple. iVisa will help you get the travel document you need with minimal effort. The answers to the most commonly asked questions below should help you learn more about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Austrian citizen, do I have access to a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Austria are eligible for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa.
What requirements do I have to meet to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
To be able to successfully apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you have to meet a series of requirements. However, most applicants find this to be an easy task. Here is what you have to put together:
- Valid passport – make sure it remains valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – ask the NGO you signed the volunteering contract with to release one
- Registration Certificates of the NGO you plan on working with
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process work?
iVisa makes things easy for you. After you manage to gather all of the above, you are required to fill in the online application form. You should finish it in about 20 minutes, and if you need help, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is ready to take your call 24/7 at no charge. There are two steps you have to go through. The first one requires that you provide your personal information, passport details, and travel dates. You must choose a processing speed for your application as well. The second step expects you to review your form so that there are no errors, and you must also cover the payment. After that is done, you can submit your application, and that is it.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That choice is up to you. To that effect, iVisa presents you with three processing speed options. Therefore, you can pick the one that best satisfies your needs. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – it takes 15 business days for your application form to be processed
- Rush processing – the waiting period is 13 business days
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 10 business days for your eVisa to arrive
Is it expensive to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
Not at all. However, you should know that the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is not fixed. It depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing speed of your application. Here are the prices offered by iVisa:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 Please remember that the prices listed above include the service fees.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa a single entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long am I allowed to stay in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa ensures a stay of up to 90 days Per Entry.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid at all points of entry?
No. The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is valid only if you travel to Tanzania via the following border checkpoints:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border