Tanzania is an ideal destination if you want to go to a foreign country to do volunteer work. However, be advised that you may need a visa in advance. If that is the case, then what you need is a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. Fortunately, it is available online, and iVisa can facilitate the application process for you. For more details about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process, feel free to take a look at the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Bahraini citizen, do I have access to a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Bahrain are among the nationalities that qualify for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa.
What requirements do I have to meet to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
To apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online, you have to make sure that you meet a few requirements first. However, you will find that the effort of putting everything together is not significant. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – has to remain valid for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – the NGO you signed the volunteering contract with can release this for you
- Registration Certificates of the NGO you signed the contract with
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process work?
It is quite simple. First, make sure that you have all the documents and information in the list above. Then you can proceed to the application page to fill in the application form. Remember that if you need any help with it, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge. The form you have to fill in consists of two simple steps. The first one focuses on a wide range of personal information and processing time, while the second wants you to pay for the application and review your form so that it does not contain mistakes. Afterwards, simply submit your application and you are done.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
As far as the processing speed of your application is concerned, you are given three options so that you can choose the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – it takes 15 business days for your application form to be processed
- Rush processing – the waiting period is 13 business days
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 10 business days for your eVisa to arrive
Is it expensive to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
No. You just have to know that the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is determined by the processing speed of your application. The faster the processing, the higher the amount. The prices for all options are as follows:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 Please note that the amounts above include the service fees.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa a single entry or a multiple-entry visa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
For how long am I allowed to stay in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa covers a maximum stay of 90 days Per Entry.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid at all points of entry?
No. When you travel to Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you have to do so via one of the points of entry listed below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border