There are plenty of opportunities to engage in volunteer work in Tanzania, but did you know that the citizens of Burundi must obtain a visa to enter the country? According to Tanzania’s visa policy, if you want to go there for volunteer purposes, you must get a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. Fortunately, the visa is available online, and with iVisa, your effort in the application process will be minimal. Would you like to know more about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process? Then read the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the requirements for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
We are pleased to inform you that the requirements for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. The necessary documents and information are easy to acquire, and chances are that you may already have some of them. You will need the following:
- Passport – it has to remain valid for a period of 6 months from your date of arrival in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – the document is issued by the NGO you have your volunteering contract with
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
What does the online application process entail?
The online process of obtaining a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa should not be difficult. Once the requirements are met, all you have to do is fill in an online application form. The form consists of two steps. The first step concerns general information and processing time, while the second requires you to review your form and make the payment. Once you submit your application, all you have to do is wait. While the form created by iVisa is short and simple, keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support service is at your disposal 24/7 if you need some assistance. The service can be reached via online chat or phone, and is free of charge.
How long must I wait for my Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to arrive?
iVisa gives you some degree of control over the timeframe in which your eVisa arrives. You are given three processing speed options so that you can pick the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 15 business days for your application form to be reviewed
- Rush processing – it takes 13 business days for the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to arrive in your inbox
- Super Rush processing – your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is ready within 10 business days
How much does it cost to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
That depends. The cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is not fixed. It is determined by how fast you want your application form to be processed. As you can imagine, the faster the processing, the higher the amount you are charged. Here are the prices for all available processing options:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 The prices listed above include service fees.
How long is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid for?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival after arrival.
How many entries does a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa cover?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the duration of stay of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
As a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa holder, you can stay in Tanzania for no longer than 90 days Per Entry.
Are there specific points of entry that accept a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Yes. Please be advised that the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa grants you entry into Tanzania only if you travel via one of the border checkpoints listed below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border