Tanzania offers several opportunities to do volunteer work, and if you are interested in doing so, you can easily find the right NGO. However, you should know that as a Cameroonian citizen, you need a visa to enter Tanzania. Fortunately, Tanzania has an electronic visa system, meaning that you can apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online. iVisa’s job is to facilitate the online application process for you. For more information about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process, please read the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I need for the online process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The requirements for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa are not extensive, and many applicants already have some of the necessary documents and information. You likely do too. Here is what you are going to need:
- Passport – take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from your date of arrival in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – the NGO you will work with can issue that for you
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa work?
The online process of acquiring a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is not complicated. After you gather together the requirements, all you have to do is fill in the online application form. That should be an easy task, but if you need assistance, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7 and free of charge. There are two steps you need to complete. The first one requires you to fill in your personal information, travel dates, and passport details, and you must also select a processing speed option for your application. The second step wants you to go over your form to make sure that it does not contain mistakes and then make the payment. When you are ready, you can submit your application, and that is it.
How long does it take for my Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready?
As long as you choose. iVisa gives you the chance to select a processing speed option for your application according to your specific needs. You get three options:
- Standard processing – you need to wait 15 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing – it takes 13 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa arrives within 10 business days
What is the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
A Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is not expensive, but keep in mind that its cost is determined by how fast you want it to be ready. Obviously, the faster the processing speed, the more you have to pay. Here are the prices for all three options:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 The service fees are already included in the prices above.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
When you hold a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you are free to spend up to 90 days Per Entry in Tanzania.
Do all Tanzanian border checkpoints accept a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Unfortunately, no. When you have a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you have to travel to Tanzania via one of the points of entry listed below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border