As a Canadian citizen, know that you need to get a visa for Tanzania if you plan on engaging in some volunteer work there. However, since Tanzania adopted the electronic visa system in November 2018, you can apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online. With iVisa, you will get through the online application process with very little effort. Are you interested in more details about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa? The answers to the most frequently asked questions below should be of help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I need for the online process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Before you proceed to the application page to fill in the application form, you have to make sure that you meet a few requirements. As you are about to see, they are easy to meet. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – with at least 6 months of validity after your arrival date in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Photo - as recent as possible
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – the NGO you signed the contract with will release it for you
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa work?
iVisa created a short and straightforward application process so that you do not need to make too much of an effort. Besides, if you need help, our customer support service is available 24/7 and does not impose additional charges. After you gather the necessary documents and information, you have to fill in an online application form. It consists of two steps. The first one asks for general information about yourself and your trip and wants you to choose a processing speed for your application. The second step requires you to make the payment and review your form. Mistakes will invalidate your visa, so make sure that there are none. After you do that, you can hit the submit button, and you are done. iVisa takes care of the rest.
How long does it take for my Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready?
That depends on the decision you make. With iVisa, you enjoy a degree of control over the timeframe in which your eVisa arrives. To that effect, you are provided with three processing speed options. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you need to wait 15 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing – it takes 13 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa arrives within 10 business days
What is the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
It does not cost much to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online. However, the amount you are charged depends on the processing speed you select for your application. Therefore, the quicker you expect your travel document to arrive, the more you will pay for it. The prices for all available processing options are:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 The service fees are included in the prices above.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
All travelers who hold a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa can stay in Tanzania for a period of no more than 90 days Per Entry.
Do all Tanzanian border checkpoints accept a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Sadly, no. A Tanzania Volunteer eVisa grants you entry in Tanzania only if you travel via the points of entry listed below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border