Citizens of Colombia who plan on going to Tanzania for volunteer purposes should know that Colombians need a visa to enter the country. Fortunately, Tanzania adopted the electronic visa system in November 2018, meaning that the document you need is available online. With iVisa, you can apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa with little to no effort. For more details regarding the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process, please read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I need for the online process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The first thing you have to do when you decide to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online is put together a series of documents and information. However, the requirements are not challenging to meet. Here is what you must have on hand during the online application process:
- Passport – it has to be valid for another 6 months from your date of arrival in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Photo – taken as recently as possible
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – you can ask for one from the NGO you will be working with
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa work?
The online application process is designed to take up very little of your time. Once the documents and information above are ready, you are free to fill in the online application form. You should be done in a matter of minutes, and if you need assistance, iVisa provides 24/7 customer support at no additional cost. The form we are referring to consists of two steps. Step one focuses on a wide range of info about yourself and your trip, and you are also required to decide on a timeframe for your application to be processed. The second step requires you to cover the payment and review your form. Making no mistakes is incredibly important since even a typo will invalidate your visa. Once both steps are complete, you can submit your application, and that is it. iVisa takes it from there.
How long does it take for my Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready?
That is for you to decide. So that everyone can have their needs satisfied, iVisa created three processing speed options. That way, you can choose the best one for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you need to wait 15 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing – it takes 13 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa arrives within 10 business days
What is the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
It does not cost much to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online. Nevertheless, bear in mind that its price depends on which option you choose regarding the processing speed of your application. Therefore, the quicker the processing, the higher the amount. Here are the prices offered by iVisa:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 The service fees are already included in the prices above.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa keeps its validity for 90 days after arrival after arrival.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa grants a stay of 90 days Per Entry.
Do all Tanzanian border checkpoints accept a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
No. When you get a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you are required to enter Tanzania via one of the following points of entry:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border