Are you a Comorian citizen who wants to go to Tanzania for volunteer purposes? Then one of the things you should know is that you will need a visa before departure. Nevertheless, getting one should not be an issue. Why? Because Tanzania adopted the electronic visa system, meaning that you have the opportunity to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online. iVisa’s job is to make sure that you do not make too much of an effort during the application process. For further information about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process, we invite you to read the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I need for the online process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Before you begin the application process for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you are required to make sure that you have everything necessary on hand. However, you should not find this task complicated because most items on the list below are easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it needs to be valid for another 6 months from your date of arrival in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – the NGO you are working with will write one for you
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa work?
Applying online for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is as simple as it can be. Once you have the things on the list above, you can move on and fill in the application form. You should not spend more than a few minutes on it. However, if you feel like you need some help or have a few questions, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is free of charge, and you can reach us 24/7. The form you are expected to fill in online is broken down into two simple steps. The first one asks for a wide range of information regarding yourself and your trip, but you also must pick a processing speed for your application. The second step wants you to make the payment and review your form. Once you do that, you are done.
How long does it take for my Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready?
It depends on the choice you make. iVisa provides you with three options as far as the processing speed of your application goes. That way, you can pick one according to your personal needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you need to wait 15 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing – it takes 13 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa arrives within 10 business days
What is the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online is not expensive. Even so, keep in mind that the cost is variable. It is determined by your application’s processing speed. Thus, the shorter the amount of time you want your eVisa to be ready in, the more you pay for it. The following prices apply to all three processing options:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 The service fees are already included in the prices above.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is valid for 90 days after arrival after arrival.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa covers a stay of 90 days Per Entry.
Do all Tanzanian border checkpoints accept a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
No. Only the following points of entry will let you cross the Tanzanian border with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border