Tanzania has many volunteer opportunities, and if you want to go there to lend a hand, then you have made an excellent choice. However, the citizens of Costa Rica are among the many nationalities that need a visa to travel to Tanzania. Fortunately, as a Costa Rican, you are eligible for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, and iVisa can help you apply for one with very little effort. Would you be interested in learning more about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process? Then the information below should be of help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I need for the online process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The online process of obtaining a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is not as demanding as going to an embassy. However, before you start, you have to make sure that you meet some requirements. They are listed below.
- Passport – with at least 6 months of validity from the date of arrival in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – the NGO you signed the volunteering contract with will issue that for you
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa work?
As soon as you have everything necessary for the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you are required to fill in an online application form. Rest assured that iVisa created a short and straightforward form that you will find incredibly accessible. Besides, if you have questions or concerns, iVisa’s customer support is available 24/7. The service does not charge extra fees. You have two steps you must go through. The first one requires you to provide iVisa with necessary information about yourself and your trip. This is also the moment when you have to select a processing speed for your application. The second step focuses on payment and revision. It is imperative that all the information you provide is 100% accurate. Otherwise, the eVisa you will be sent will be invalid. When you are finished, just click on the submit button, and you are done.
How long does it take for my Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready?
That is up to you. iVisa prepared three processing speed options so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you need to wait 15 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing – it takes 13 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa arrives within 10 business days
What is the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa depends on the processing speed you pick for your application. So, the faster you want your request to be reviewed, the more money you will spend on your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. Here are the fees for all three options:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 The service fees are already included in the prices above.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is 90 days after arrival after the date of arrival.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
As a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa holder, you are permitted to spend up to 90 days Per Entry in Tanzania.
Do all Tanzanian border checkpoints accept a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Unfortunately, no. If you plan on traveling to Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you have to do so via the border checkpoints listed below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border