Did you know that most nationalities that travel to Tanzania for volunteer purposes must obtain a visa? However, Tanzania has an electronic visa system as of November 2018, and the citizens of Ecuador are eligible for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. iVisa is here to help you through the online application process so that you do not experience any difficulties. If you want to learn more about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process, the information provided below should give you some insight.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What requirements do I have to meet to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
A Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is not a demanding visa to obtain. In fact, all you need are a few documents and some information, but they are usually easy to acquire. What you will need is as follows:
- Passport – it must remain valid for 6 months after your arrival in Tanzania and have at least one blank page available for stamping
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – ask the NGO you want to work with to issue this document
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – you are free to use a credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
Is the online application process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa complicated?
Not at all. As soon as the requirements are met, you can proceed to fill in the online application form. It is an easy task that should only take you a few minutes to complete. Nevertheless, if necessary, iVisa can help by answering all of your questions. Our customer support service is available 24/7 and does not charge any fees. The form you must fill in has two steps. Step number one is interested in information such as name, address, date of birth, passport details, travel dates, and so on. You must also choose a timeframe in which your application is processed. Step number two requires you to make the payment and carefully review your form. It is crucial that you do not submit erred information. When you are done, submit your application, and iVisa takes care of the rest.
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
You have some degree of control over the timeframe in which your eVisa arrives because iVisa gives you three processing speed options for your application. As a result, you can choose the one that best suits your needs. Here are all three possibilities:
- Standard processing – your application form is processed within 15 business days
- Rush processing – you have to wait 13 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – it takes only 10 business days for your request to be processed
Is it expensive to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
No. However, you ought to know that the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is not fixed. It is determined by how fast you want your eVisa to be ready. As you can imagine, the quicker the processing, the more money you have to spend. The prices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 The prices mentioned above already include service fees.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is 90 days after arrival after the arrival date.
How many entries does a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa cover and what is the duration of stay?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa. When you hold one, you are allowed to stay in Tanzania for no longer than 90 days Per Entry.
Will all border checkpoints in Tanzania grant me entry while I hold a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
No. As long as you have a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you must go to Tanzania via the following points of entry:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border