The citizens of Finland who want to go to Tanzania to get involved in volunteer work should know that a visa is necessary to enter Tanzania. However, since Tanzania adopted the electronic visa system, Finnish citizens can not apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online. iVisa’s services were specifically designed to ensure a smooth and fast online application process. Are you interested in learning more about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa? Then you should take a look at the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What requirements do I have to meet to obtain a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Needless to say, to be able to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you must meet a few requirements. However, as you are about to find out, they are nothing out of the ordinary. Chances are that you already have some of the necessary documents and information, which are as follows:
- Passport – valid for 6 months from your date of arrival in Tanzania. At least one blank page is necessary for the visa stamp.
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – this document is issued by the NGO you signed the volunteering contract with
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – you are free to use a credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
Is the online application process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa complicated?
Not even a little bit. What you have to do after putting together the requirements is to fill in an online application form. You should be done with it in a matter of minutes, and if you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is open 24/7 and free of charge. The form has two steps. The first one focuses on basic information and processing time, while the second wants you to make the payment and revise the content of your form. When you are done, hit the submit button, and that is pretty much it. iVisa will take it from there.
How long must I wait for my application to be processed?
The timeframe in which your eVisa arrives is somewhat in your control. That is because iVisa gives you three processing speed options. Consequently, you are free to choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application form is processed within 15 business days
- Rush processing – you have to wait 13 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – it takes only 10 business days for your request to be processed
Is it expensive to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online?
No. However, remember that the amount you are charged for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is determined by the timeframe in which your application is processed. The faster the processing, the more money you spend on your eVisa. Here are the prices for all three processing options:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 The prices listed above include service fees.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is 90 days after arrival starting from your date of arrival in Tanzania.
How many entries does a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa cover and what is the duration of stay?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa, and it allows you to remain in Tanzania for no more than 90 days Per Entry.
Will all border checkpoints in Tanzania grant me entry while I hold a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
No. A Tanzania Volunteer eVisa will grant you entry in Tanzania, but only if you travel via the border checkpoints listed below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border