Getting involved in volunteer work is an admirable thing, and if you are interested in such work in Tanzania, keep in mind that most nationalities need a visa to enter the country. However, Tanzania adopted the electronic visa system back in 2018, and the citizens of Gabon are eligible for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. iVisa facilitates the online application process so that you do not need to go through too much trouble. Are you interested in learning more about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa? The information below should be of help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the required documents and information for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
As you can probably imagine, a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa requires a few documents and some information. But rest assured that you will have no issues in putting everything together. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – has to remain valid for at least another 6 months after your date of arrival in Tanzania. Make sure that it has one blank page available for stamping too.
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – the NGO you sign the volunteering contract with will issue this for you
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – you can use a credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process work?
That is pretty simple. First, make sure that you meet the requirements. Then, all you have to do is fill in the application form. It consists of two simple steps. The first one is focused on general information and processing time, while the second step wants you to make the payment and review your form so that it does not contain inaccurate information. When you are done, submit the application, and iVisa takes care of the rest. While you should not experience any difficulties during the application process, keep in mind that iVisa provides 24/7 customer support. The service can be reached via phone or online chat and does not impose any additional charges.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
Not at all. However, you have more than one option regarding the processing speed of your application. In fact, iVisa gives you three possibilities so that you can choose the one that is best for you. You can make a selection from the following:
- Standard processing – the application form you submit is reviewed within 15 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 13 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait just 10 business days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
That depends. The cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is variable. It is determined by how fast you want your application to be processed. Therefore, the faster the processing, the more you pay. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00
How long is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid for?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa has a validity of 90 days after arrival after arrival.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How many days can I spend in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa allows you to remain in Tanzania for no longer than 90 days Per Entry.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid at any point of entry in Tanzania?
No. A Tanzania Volunteer eVisa will grant you entry in Tanzania only if you travel via the border checkpoints listed below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border