Are you a Greek citizen and you want to travel to Tanzania to get involved in some volunteer work? Then you should be aware of the fact that you will need a visa. However, there is some good news as well. Tanzania adopted the electronic visa system back in 2018, and the citizens of Greece are eligible for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. You can apply for one online, and iVisa is here to facilitate the application process. Everything you need to know about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa can be found among the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the required documents and information for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Applying for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online is not a demanding process, but you do have to meet a few requirements. There are a few documents and some information that are needed during the application process. They are as follows:
- Passport – you have to ensure that it remains valid for 6 months from your arrival date in Tanzania. It should also have a blank page available for the visa stamp.
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – ask the NGO you want to work with to send one to you
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – you can use a credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process work?
You will be pleased to learn that the online process of acquiring a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa with iVisa is as simple as can be. After you make sure that all the requirements are met, you can move on and fill in the application form. It is a job that you should finish in just a few minutes, but if you need assistance, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and completely free of charge. There are two steps you must go through. The first one is interested in a wide range of general information about yourself and your trip. You must pick a processing speed for your application as well. The second step is reserved for payment and revision. You have to make sure that you do not submit inaccurate or incorrect information. Otherwise, your eVisa will be invalid. When both steps are done, submit your application, and that is it.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
That is up to you. Since not all applicants have the same needs, iVisa created three possibilities when it comes to the timeframe in which your application is processed. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – the application form you submit is reviewed within 15 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 13 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait just 10 business days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
Again, it depends. The amount you are charged for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is determined by your application’s processing speed. The sooner you need your eVisa to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices, which include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00
How long is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid for?
The validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is 90 days after arrival.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How many days can I spend in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa covers a stay of maximum 90 days Per Entry.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid at any point of entry in Tanzania?
Unfortunately, no. When you apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you have to enter Tanzania via one of the border checkpoints listed down below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border