As a Haitian citizen, if you want to travel to Tanzania to engage in volunteer work, you cannot do so unless you obtain a visa first. Even so, Tanzania introduced the electronic visa system in its visa policy in November 2018, and the citizens of Haiti are eligible for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. The application process is entirely online, and iVisa can facilitate it for you. Are you interested in finding out more about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa? Please read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the required documents and information for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
We are pleased to let you know that the requirements for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa are easy to meet. In fact, you may already have some of the necessary documentation and information, which are as follows:
- Passport – according to Tanzania’s visa policy, it needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Tanzania. It should have a blank page available for the stamp as well
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – request one from the NGO you plan on working with
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – you can use a credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process work?
You will find that the online process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is actually pretty simple. Provided that you put together the required documents and information, you can fill in the online application form. It consists of two easy steps, and you should be done with it in just a few minutes. The first step is focused on information about yourself and your trip to Tanzania, and it asks that you choose a processing time for your application as well. The second step expects you to make the payment and to review your form carefully. After you do all that, you can submit your application, and that is it. Although you should not find the form particularly challenging, keep in mind that if you need some help, iVisa provides 24/7 customer support. You are free to reach us via online chat or phone, and we will not charge any additional fees.
Does it take long for my application to be processed?
No. But remember that you get to choose the timeframe in which your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is issued. That is because iVisa gives you three options regarding the processing speed of your application. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – the application form you submit is reviewed within 15 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 13 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready
- Super Rush processing – you have to wait just 10 business days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
When we are talking about the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, keep in mind that it is not fixed. It varies depending on the timeframe in which you want your eVisa to arrive. Therefore, the faster you want your travel document, the more you are going to have to pay for it. The prices for all available options, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00
How long is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid for?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How many days can I spend in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
When you hold a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you are permitted to stay in Tanzania for maximum 90 days Per Entry.
Is the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa valid at any point of entry in Tanzania?
No. Only a few border crossing will allow you to enter Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa. They are as follows:
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border