Are you interested in traveling to Tanzania to do volunteer work? Then perhaps you would be interested to know that the citizens of the Central African Republic are among the nationalities that must obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, the travel document you need is available online, and iVisa can help you get a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa in no time. For more information about the Tanzania Volunteer eVisa and the online application process, please consult the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I need for the online process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the requirements for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa are easy to meet. All you need are a few documents and some information, some of which may already be at your disposal. Here is what you must gather together for a successful application process:
- Passport – it must remain valid for at least 6 months from your date of arrival in Tanzania
- Scan of the passport’s information page
- Return flight ticket
- Invitation letter – must be issued by the NGO you are working with
- Registration Certificates of the NGO
- E-mail address
- Means of online payment – credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat
How does the online application process of getting a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa work?
The online application process created by iVisa is quite simple. Once you have everything necessary, you can proceed to fill in the application form. This should not take you more than a few minutes, but if you need assistance, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7. The service does not come with any additional charges. The form you are required to complete consists of two steps. First, you have to provide some general information about yourself and your trip and choose a processing speed for your application. The second step asks that you make the payment and carefully review the information you provide so that there are no mistakes. Even a small typo can invalidate your visa. As soon as you are finished, you can submit your application, and iVisa takes it from there.
How long does it take for my Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready?
That is something you get to decide. iVisa came up with three possibilities so that you can pick the one that best suits your specific needs. That way, you can receive your eVisa precisely when you need it. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – you need to wait 15 business days for your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa to be ready
- Rush processing – it takes 13 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your Tanzania Volunteer eVisa arrives within 10 business days
What is the cost of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
While it is not costly to apply for a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa online, keep in mind that its price depends on the processing time you choose. So, the faster the processing, the higher the amount. The prices for the three processing options are as follows:
- Standard - USD 80.00
- Rush - USD 105.00
- Super Rush - USD 135.00 The service fees are included in the prices above.
What is the validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The validity of a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is 90 days after arrival after the arrival date.
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
The Tanzania Volunteer eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
If you decide to travel to Tanzania with a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa, you can stay there for no longer than 90 days Per Entry.
Do all Tanzanian border checkpoints accept a Tanzania Volunteer eVisa?
No. A Tanzania Volunteer eVisa will grant you entry in Tanzania only if you travel via the points of entry below.
- Julius Nyerere International Airport (JNIA),
- Kilimanjaro International Airport (KIA),
- Abeid Amani Karume International Airport (AAKIA),
- At Namanga border
- At Tunduma border