The Tanzania Volunteer Visa is necessary for any foreign nationals who will be doing volunteer work in Tanzania. The cost of the visa averages around $50 USD, and then you will need to add in any extra cost for processing the application as well.
To figure out the visa cost, you need to decide if you are going to go in person to get a visa or use the convenient online application for a Tanzania visa. Whereas you will spend money traveling to and from the embassy and consulate, with the online e-Visa program for volunteers, you will have to pay a small processing fee depending on how fast you need the visa.
The Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania - Cost, Processing Fees, and More Answers
Note: The answers below work for almost all foreign citizens looking to volunteer in Tanzania. We use the United States as a sample nationality in this article. Feel free to use our Visa Checker Tool to find out if you will need a volunteer visa to enter Tanzania.
What is the cost of the volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania?
Here is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 130.00
- Rush: USD 155.00
- Super Rush: USD 185.00
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
All visas have a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
When will my volunteer Tanzania e-Visa expire?
If you do not use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
What do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania you will need to have:
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering.
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania.
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application.
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania.
What is the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
If you get the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa, you will be able to enter Tanzania and work legally as a volunteer for a non-profit organization helping the citizens of the country.
It is not to be used for any traveler who is going to Tanzania for work, school, nor vacation.
How long does it take to process the e-Visa application?
You will need to choose one of the three processing speeds so we can prioritize your application:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
Beginning the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Process for Foreign Citizens
All of us here at iVisa understand that getting your travel documents can be frustrating. That’s why we created this website to make it easier for travelers to get their visa online for opportunities like volunteering in Tanzania.
If you are still concerned or have outstanding questions, go ahead and click on the chat bubble below and reach out to our 24/7 customer service representatives. They’re happy to help.