The Tanzania Volunteer Visa is necessary for any foreign nationals who will be doing volunteer work in Tanzania. Your individual requirements will change depending on your country of origin and several other factors.
The Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania - Cost, Processing Fees, and More Answers
Note: The answers below will work for most foreign citizens looking to volunteer in Tanzania and uses the United States as a sample nationality. Feel free to use our Visa Checker Tool to find out if you will need a volunteer visa to enter Tanzania.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
You are allowed to volunteer in Tanzania with this e-Visa for up to 90 days Per Entry.
Volunteer e-Visa Cost for Tanzania
Below is a table of all the associated costs of getting a Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa:
- Standard: USD 130.00
- Rush: USD 155.00
- Super Rush: USD 185.00
How many times can I enter Tanzania with a volunteer e-Visa?
Each visa has a limit on how many times you can enter a country. The Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa allows you Single Entry.
Tanzania e-Visa Expiration
If you do not use your visa before the expiration date, you will not be able to enter Tanzania. The volunteer visa for Tanzania will expire 90 days after arrival so be sure to use it before then.
How long does it take to process the e-Visa application?
You will need to choose one of the three processing speeds so we can prioritize your application:
- Standard Processing takes 15 Business Days to process the application.
- Rush Processing takes 13 Business Days to process the application.
- Super Rush Processing takes 10 Business Days to process the application.
What documents do I need to have to apply for the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
To get the Volunteer e-Visa for Tanzania, you will need to have:
- Invitation Letter - You will need proof that you were invited to volunteer by providing a letter from the NGO or non-profit for which you will be volunteering
- NGO Registration Certificates - Your volunteer organization should be able to provide you with certificates showing they are registered to do volunteer work in Tanzania
- An Applicant Photo - Passport photo size with a neutral background and no masks or face coverings
- A Return Ticket - Be sure you have arranged transportation to leave Tanzania
- A Passport Details Page - Upload a scanned copy of your passport details page in order for us to process your application
What is the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa?
If you get the Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa, then you'll be able to enter Tanzania and work legally as a volunteer for a non-profit organization that helps the country's citizens. It is not to be used for any traveler who is going to Tanzania for work, school, nor vacation.
Tanzania Volunteer e-Visa Process
Everyone here at iVisa knows it can be difficult to get your travel documents. That’s why we created this website to make it easier for travelers to get their visa online for opportunities like volunteering in Tanzania.
If you still have unanswered questions, click on the chat bubble below and reach out to our customer service representatives 24/7. They’re always happy to help.